Sunday, April 20, 2014

Bringing in Spring with a Bonfire!

Slow week on the blog, but a busy week outside! Glad to finally have nicer temps again, even though I did not get to spend time in the hammock this weekend.

Monday was the first night of Passover, the week in which I crave pizza more than the rest of the year combined. I went over to my friends early to help prepare dinner, which was really nice. The Seder did not end until after midnight, which is earlier than some I have been to, but past my bedtime for sure. Tuesday was a nice relaxing day of errands and another Seder with good friends. Wednesday I had a "Treat Yourself" day, which was also wonderful. I felt more awake and alert at work on Thursday, so a couple days "off" really helped. Perhaps the lack of bread also helps? The rest of the world took Friday off, so it was a slow day for me, which was also appreciated.

This weekend I have been working on some super exciting projects that I cannot share yet. I am really looking forward to the CZT Hideaway in May, and one of our to-dos is bringing a gift. It does not need to be a craft, it can be a great lesson plan or markers, just is supposed to cost under $5. I am making a ZIA object, that as I perfect my product, I will possibly sell on Etsy and teach the project at my local studio. I took prototype #2 to the owner of the studio and she LOVED it, so she is also excited to incorporate it into classes. I realize this is a tease, but it is so hard not to post pictures of it now, I had to at least mention it is happening. Stay tuned! I will post tons of pictures after, or during, the retreat!

As I was distracted with my super-awesome project for the weekend, I almost did not finish my It's a String Thing project for the week! Thankfully I did, and submitted as soon as this guy let me up.



This week's It's a String Thing was very different from my usual strings, and I would do the tangles in a different order if I re-did it. This is a good example of not knowing the end product while you are working on it, I really had no idea what to expect with how the tangles would go together. Plus, Bunzo and I struggle with each other. Some CZT have been posting some amazing versions of Bunzo that I cannot yet reproduce. Here is one by CZT Brenda, I just love how it looks. I ended up happy with how mine turned out, it is just a different interpretation of Bunzo.


I really love having grid patterns next to each other. Bucky is a great tangle to test patients, for it seems easy to rush but really needs to be slowed down. Sometimes it takes me 2 hours to do a section this size. I did not keep time this week, though I did complete it in multiple sittings.

Today was a beautiful day and really ended this past low-key week in a wonderful way. Except for the short time in which I couldn't find Alex, only to discover he had hid from who-knows-what and gotten himself stuck under the couch. We had a nice dinner at Mom's this evening, complete with our first bonfire of the season. Everything reminds us of Dad, and a bonfire is one he really taught us all to love. Mom and I had a nice reminiscence conversation sitting by the fire, watching the carpenter ants relocate.  



Happy Easter to those to celebrate, and those of us celebrating Passover, less than 48 hours until we can have pizza again... not that I am counting.





No comments:

Post a Comment